“This is exactly what the doctor ordered to maintain our motivation and momentum.” – Hugh McHaffie, President U.S. Wealth Management, John Hancock
In today’s rapidly evolving Insurance and Financial Industry, many organizations are trying to maintain a winning culture as they deal with an array of business and sales challenges. Perhaps your organization is dealing with new rules, increased regulation or growing pains and key business issues as you continue to expand both internally and externally while attempting to be number one in your industry and customer expectations. Maybe you’re experiencing industry changes, such as the new Department of Labor ruling or new products entering the marketplace. Perhaps you’re operating with limited bench support, operational and support issues, budget cuts or rising goals, objectives and responsibilities. Or you feel paralyzed by your competition and advancing technologies that are upending workflow and processes.
Whatever your challenges, the true measure of success is how well you respond to adversity, change, setbacks and fear. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you—and your organization—will be left behind.
As audiences worldwide have discovered, Scott Burrows’ compelling story is the hero’s journey, providing what will be an unforgettable and lasting memory to inspire your audience to stand up to any challenge. Using his physical paralysis as a visual metaphor, Scott reveals how to drive results using the same mental focus that helped him reinvent his life after a catastrophic accident left him paralyzed from the chest down. He will demonstrate there are no barriers or stop signs in life, just detours and workarounds.
Through the power of storytelling, Scott will show your attendees firsthand how to apply the same timeless principles of Vision-Mindset-Grit that have had a profound impact in his life. Three simple yet powerful words that, when put into action, can absolutely help you conquer adversity and master change, setting the stage for developing cutting-edge ideas and leadership strategies that will benefit your entire organization.
Insurance and Financial leaders RAVE about Scott’s knowledge and understanding of their business knowing that he, too, was a top sales producer. After his life-changing accident, he graduated from college, then entered the Insurance and Financial Industry as a Financial Advisor and went on to qualify for the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT). Scott knows firsthand what it’s like to be in the field—to generating activity, making scheduled calls, prospecting, facing rejection, overcoming objection, all while listening to client’s needs to determine recommendations and solutions.
At the MDRT’s annual conference in Dallas, Texas, in 1994, Scott learned a lot from the Platform Speakers who spoke on Leadership, Team Building, Customer Service and Branding, as well as from the Inspirational Overcoming Adversity Speakers who encouraged you to push the limits of what is possible. He was so moved that he saw himself doing that, too, for the rest of his life. Ultimately, he made a tough decision to create a new Vision for his future: to leave an industry he had so much passion for and pursue a speaking career—a career with the right Mindset and tremendous Grit that has taken him all over the world.
This is the perfect Inspirational Keynote Presentation to Open or Close your conference, meeting, retreat or incentive trip to challenge your audience to be Resilient, Adaptable and Set Goals that Stretch the Mind. His message of Vision-Mindset-Grit will literally transform the way you look at industry challenges, your competition, business and life goals.
- Learn how to create a clear Vision that entices you to Take Action
- Examine the benefits of Dreaming in Full Color
- Discover the impact of connecting your organization to a Shared Vision
- Find out how Visualization can give you that Competitive Advantage
- Learn how to create an unstoppable Mindset that revolves around Poise and Execution
- Examine the Mindset of Letting It Happen and Breaking the Fall Line
- Discover how to not let your Mindset Become Your Biggest Handicap
- Understand how the Power of Forgiveness, a leadership trait, can restore hope and lead to greater productivity
- Find out how Asking the “What” Questions can help you navigate the chaos of adversity
- Learn what it takes to Stretch Yourself beyond your paralyzed state
- Examine why your Willingness to Fail But Your Unwillingness to Quit is a leadership trait
- Discover Gritty strategies to help you Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Understand what it really means to Go with What Scares You and Never Give Up
- Cultivate ways to Unlock your Grit by finding that Blessman in your life
Scott’s clients have used these alternate titles for his Presentation:
- Don’t Stop Believing
- Anything is Possible
- Triumph Over Adversity
- Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Thriving through Changing Times
- How to Develop an Unstoppable Mindset
- Overcoming Adversity
- Turing Impossibilities into Possibilities
Download Scott’s Insurance and Financial Speaker Brochure