“Thank you for your contribution to a successful kick-off for the GE Healthcare’s IT business’ Sales and Marketing organization. What really confirmed that you were the right choice for this meeting was your ability to take the information you gathered in our pre-meeting call and weave it seamlessly into your message, which made it relevant to each and every person in the room. You really hit a home run with the team, which is evident from the following comments we received in our post-meeting survey:
- Excellent…moving…totally nailed the message that the team needed to hear in light of the OP challenges we face this year.
- Wow, did not see that coming—huh! Incredible presentation, captivated the audience and gave us all a sense of thankfulness.
- While some motivational speakers are pro forma, Scott actually brought out strong emotional reactions from many of us.”
– Chris Powell, Sr. Vice President & GM, Sales & Marketing Americas, GE Healthcare, Integrated IT Solutions
In today’s changing business environment, Pharmaceutical Organizations are relying on organizational and operational structure indicators that could impact their success and willingness to compete. In addition, maybe you are dealing with an array of challenges that are reshaping your marketplace. Maybe today you are trying to implement a new marketing and sales system, adopt a more flexible approach to pricing or want to demonstrate that your brand adds value to patients in order to sustain future growth and sales performance. Pay-for-performance is also on the rise, regulators are becoming more risk adverse, and cost pressures continue to increase. Perhaps you’re looking to partner with new supply chains, be number one in customer choice, expand your distribution channels and improve your future sales and business model.
Whatever your Pharmaceutical challenges are, the true measure of success is how well you respond to adversity, change, setbacks and fear. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you—and your organization—will be left behind.
Success Strategies to Help You Stand Up to Any Challenge
Through the power of storytelling, Scott will show your attendees firsthand how to apply the same timeless principles of Vision-Mindset-Grit that have had a profound impact in his life. Three simple yet powerful words that, when put into action, can absolutely help you conquer adversity and master change, setting the stage for developing cutting-edge ideas and leadership strategies that will benefit your entire organization.
Pharmaceutical Leaders RAVE about Scott’s knowledge of their industry, knowing he understands the patient experience from a quadriplegic’s point of view. Besides being in the hospital and physical rehabilitation for 6 months, he suffered many life-threatening spinal cord-related complications. In one 45-day period, Scott came down with a severe case of pneumonia followed by a 103-degree fever. A few days later he lost his breath when his right lung collapsed. Three stomach ulcers formed as a result of severe emotional stress, bed sores (ulcers) formed on the back of both heals down to the bone, then his doctors detected a mass in his right lung, a pulmonary embolism—the same type of pulmonary embolism that took the life of NBC correspondent David Bloom when covering the war in Iraq.
Knowing what Scott went through, Chris Powell, Senior VP and General Manager for GE Healthcare’s Sales and Marketing Division, asked him if he could relate the patient’s experience to his team as Scott kicked off his annual conference. Chris told Scott that his team sells the software that detects pulmonary embolisms, but his team sells directly to the doctor and never sees the patient, the people they are saving with GE’s software. Needless to say, Scott highlighted that experience during his talk and thanked all 250 sales reps for doing what they do, because what they did for Scott, decades earlier, in a sense, saved Scott’s life.
There are many Pharmaceutical motivational speakers to choose from, but we believe you will find Scott’s story is the perfect Inspirational Keynote Presentation to Open or Close your conference to challenge your organization to be Resilient, Adaptable and Set Goals That Stretch the Mind and push the limits of what is possible. His message of Vision-Mindset-Grit will literally transform the way you look at your industry challenges, your competition, business and life goals.
- Learn how to create a clear Vision that entices your attendees to Take Action
- Examine the benefits of your team Dreaming in Full Color
- Discover the impact of connecting your organization to a Shared Vision
- Find out how adapting your Vision when things don’t go as planned can give you that Competitive Advantage
- Learn how to create an unstoppable Mindset that revolves around Poise and Execution
- Examine the Mindset of Letting It Happen, Embracing Change and Breaking the Fall Line
- Discover how to not let your Mindset Become Your Biggest Handicap
- Understand how the Power of Forgiveness, a leadership trait, can restore hope and lead to greater productivity
- Find out how Asking the “What” Questions in the marketplace can help you navigate the chaos of adversity
- Learn what it takes to Stretch Yourself beyond your paralyzed state
- Examine why your Willingness to Fail But Your Unwillingness to Quit is a leadership trait
- Discover Gritty strategies to help your team Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Understand what it really means to Go with What Scares You and Never Give Up
- Cultivate ways to Unlock Your Grit by finding that Blessman in your life
Scott’s clients have used these alternate titles for his Presentation:
- Rising to the Challenge
- Anything Is Possible
- Triumph Over Adversity
- Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Thriving Through Changing Times
- How to Develop an Unstoppable Mindset
- Overcoming Adversity
- Don’t Stop Believing
Client Testimonial Letters
“Scott Burrows spoke at our National Meeting. In addition to our sales, marketing and executive team, we had our key vendors in attendance as well. Throughout our conference, dozens of attendees remarked to me how they were inspired by Scott’s vision and determination. His ability to tie in his sudden and dramatic life-changing experience with the obstacles we all face enabled our people to reflect on and re-dedicate themselves to achieving their personal and professional goals. Scott’s use of our products during his rehabilitation made the value our people provide to their customers and patients all the more real. Twice during Scott’s talk our people rose spontaneously to provide him with a standing ovation.”
– Len Tenzer, Senior Vice President, Patterson Medical
What Scott's Clients Are Saying!
“The feedback on your presentation was EXCEPTIONAL! I/we could not have asked for anything better than what you delivered. Thematically, I could not have imagined a better presentation and how it tied into the journey that CONMED and its employees must undertake to regain our vitality in the markets we serve.”
“Spellbound, entertained and inspired are just a few of the words that immediately come to mind when thinking of Scott Burrows and the impact he has with audiences. Focused on making sure his message is received to positively influence, challenge and add value to each audience member is Scott’s goal. I’ve had the privilege of hearing most of the domestic and international’s best, and Scott Burrows is among the elite. Regardless of the ages in his audience, he delivers with incredible style. Standing ovations are great, but Scott is focused more on what each person is inspired to do when they walk out. More interested in ‘engagement’ than entertainment, Scott Burrows delivers.”
“Thank you for your moving presentation at our innovation Summit. You presented a very compelling and articulate message about hope and perseverance in the face of adversity. Most importantly, you delivered your message with a sense of grace and humility that created a personal bond between you and the audience. It is often very easy to let the routine aspects of our careers overwhelm and cause a loss of focus and drive. Your story of conquering your own fears to accomplish many great things after a horrific accident has been an incredible inspiration. Thank you for helping to make our innovation Summit a success!”