Get Ready to Experience a Powerful, Emotional and Life-Changing Presentation!
In today’s changing business environment, Pharmaceutical Organizations are relying on organizational and operational structure indicators that could impact their success and willingness to compete. In addition, maybe you are dealing with an array of challenges that are reshaping your marketplace. Maybe today you are trying to implement a new marketing and sales system, adopt a more flexible approach to pricing or want to demonstrate that your brand adds value to patients in order to sustain future growth and sales performance. Pay-for-performance is also on the rise, regulators are becoming more risk adverse, and cost pressures continue to increase. Perhaps you’re looking to partner with new supply chains, be number one in customer choice, expand your distribution channels and improve your future sales and business model.
Whatever your Pharmaceutical challenges are, the true measure of success is how well you respond to adversity, change, setbacks and fear. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you—and your organization—will be left behind.
“Thank you for your contribution to a successful kick-off for the GE Healthcare’s IT business’ Sales and Marketing organization. What really confirmed that you were the right choice for this meeting was your ability to take the information you gathered in our pre-meeting call and weave it seamlessly into your message, which made it relevant to each and every person in the room. You really hit a home run with the team, which is evident from the following comments we received in our post-meeting survey:
- Excellent…moving…totally nailed the message that the team needed to hear in light of the OP challenges we face this year.
- Wow, did not see that coming—huh! Incredible presentation, captivated the audience and gave us all a sense of thankfulness.
- While some motivational speakers are pro forma, Scott actually brought out strong emotional reactions from many of us.”
– Chris Powell, Sr. Vice President & GM, Sales & Marketing Americas, GE Healthcare, Integrated IT Solutions
Conquer Adversity, Develop the Right Mindset, Navigate Change!
As Pharmaceutical Audiences have discovered, Scott Burrows’ thought-provoking presentation and compelling story is the hero’s journey, providing what will be an unforgettable and lasting memory to inspire your attendees to stand up to any challenge. Using his physical paralysis as a visual metaphor, Scott reveals how to drive results using the same mental focus that helped him reinvent his life after a catastrophic accident left him paralyzed from the chest down. He will demonstrate there are no barriers or stop signs in life, or the pharmaceutical marketplace, just detours and workarounds.
Through the power of storytelling, Scott will show your attendees firsthand how to apply the same timeless principles of Vision-Mindset-Grit that have had a profound impact in his life. Three simple yet powerful words that, when put into action, can absolutely help you conquer adversity and master change, setting the stage for developing cutting-edge ideas and leadership strategies that will benefit your entire organization.
Pharmaceutical Leaders RAVE about Scott’s knowledge of their industry, knowing he understands the patient experience from a quadriplegic’s point of view. Besides being in the hospital and physical rehabilitation for 6 months, he suffered many life-threatening spinal cord-related complications. In one 45-day period, Scott came down with a severe case of pneumonia followed by a 103-degree fever. A few days later he lost his breath when his right lung collapsed. Three stomach ulcers formed as a result of severe emotional stress, bed sores (ulcers) formed on the back of both heals down to the bone, then his doctors detected a mass in his right lung, a pulmonary embolism—the same type of pulmonary embolism that took the life of NBC correspondent David Bloom when covering the war in Iraq.
Knowing what Scott went through, Chris Powell, Senior VP and General Manager for GE Healthcare’s Sales and Marketing Division, asked him if he could relate the patient’s experience to his team as Scott kicked off his annual conference. Chris told Scott that his team sells the software that detects pulmonary embolisms, but his team sells directly to the doctor and never sees the patient, the people they are saving with GE’s software. Needless to say, Scott highlighted that experience during his talk and thanked all 250 sales reps for doing what they do, because what they did for Scott, decades earlier, in a sense, saved Scott’s life.
There are many Pharmaceutical motivational speakers to choose from, but we believe you will find Scott’s story is the perfect Inspirational Keynote Presentation to Open or Close your conference to challenge your organization to be Resilient, Adaptable and Set Goals That Stretch the Mind and push the limits of what is possible. His message of Vision-Mindset-Grit will literally transform the way you look at your industry challenges, your competition, business and life goals.
About Scott Burrows
Scott was a star athlete and fierce competitor. By the age of 19, he played college football at Florida State University and was a top-ranked kick-boxing champion whose last victorious fight was broadcast on ESPN. That same night while celebrating with friends, he made a split-second decision that led to a catastrophic accident, changing his life forever. Bypassing his usual safety precautions, Scott decided to forgo wearing his seatbelt as a passenger in a friend’s car as they drove just one mile down the road to scavenge firewood for their bonfire. His friend accidentally lost control of the wheel, ran off the road and crashed into a mound of sand that sent the car hurtling through the air before tumbling back to earth, end over end. Scott broke two vertebrae in his neck and suffered a life-threatening spinal cord injury that left him paralyzed from the chest down and diagnosed a quadriplegic.
With nothing but a dire prognosis on his ability to recover, Scott undertook the challenge of overcoming his mind and emotions in order to maintain a VISION and MINDSET so powerful, he was able to discipline his body with the daily GRIT needed to overcome his present circumstances and move into a future he was told by his doctor was not even possible!
What came innately to Scott at such a young age has now been revealed through neuroscience to be exactly what is needed to rewire the brain and body for significant change. Scott will teach your team members how to override their nervous system response and resistance to change, maintain a safety mindset of awareness and daily focus, and how to apply the daily grit needed to move into success.
- Learn how to create a clear Vision that entices you to Take Action
- Examine the benefits of Dreaming in Full Color and setting goals that stretch the mind
- Discover the impact of connecting your organization to a Shared Vision
- Find out how Visualization can give you that competitive advantage
- Learn how Breaking the Fall line can help you create an unstoppable Mindset
- Examine the Mindset of Poise and Execution and Not-Resisting
- Discover how to not let your Mindset Become Your Biggest Handicap to increase productivity
- Understand how forgiveness, a leadership trait, can restore hope and lead to greater adherence
- Find out how Asking the “What” Questions can get you thinking differently and help you navigate change
- Learn what it takes to Stretch Yourself beyond your paralyzed state
- Examine why your Willingness to Fail But Your Unwillingness to Quit is a leadership trait that can keep you focused
- Discover adaptive strategies to help you Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Understand what it really means to Go with What Scares You
- Cultivate ways to unlock your Grit that can improve your performance
Scott’s clients have used these alternate titles for his Presentation:
- Rising to the Challenge
- Anything Is Possible
- Triumph Over Adversity
- Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Thriving Through Changing Times
- How to Develop an Unstoppable Mindset
- Overcoming Adversity
- Don’t Stop Believing
Client Testimonial Letters