Scott’s compelling story is the hero’s journey, providing what will be an unforgettable and lasting memory to inspire your audience to stand up to any challenge regardless of circumstances. He will show you firsthand how to apply the same timeless principles of Vision-Mindset-Grit that have had a profound impact in his life to enable you and your organization to Conquer Adversity, Persevere and Navigate Change.
In this dynamic presentation of turning setbacks into comebacks and pushing the limits of what is possible—told while using his physical paralysis as a metaphor and blending eloquent storytelling and witty humor—Scott leaves audiences spellbound.
Scott Burrows was a star athlete and fierce competitor. By the age of 19, he played college football at Florida State University as a walk-on wide receiver and was a top-ranked kick-boxing Black Belt champion whose last fight was broadcast by ESPN.
During the height of his collegiate career, his life changed dramatically. On November 3rd, 1984, he survived a terrible automobile accident as a passenger in his friend’s car, suffering a critical and life-threatening spinal cord neck injury that left him paralyzed from the chest down and diagnosed a quadriplegic. To achieve extraordinary results from that point forward in both his personal and professional life, Scott learned how to harness a clear VISION, an unstoppable MINDSET and tremendous GRIT. Three simple words, with so much meaning and impact behind them, can be very powerful to any person or organization when put into action!
- Learn how to create a clear Vision that entices you to take action while maintaining your Poise and Execution
- Examine the benefits of Dreaming in Full Color
- Discover the impact of connecting your organization to a shared Vision and seeing complete success in your mind’s eye first
- Find out how Visualization can give you that competitive edge
- Learn how Breaking the Fall Line can help you create an unstoppable Mindset
- Examine the Mindset of Letting it Happen
- Discover how to not let your Mindset Become Your Biggest Handicap
- Understand how forgiveness, a leadership trait, can restore hope and lead to greater productivity
- Find out how Asking Better Questions can help you find the silver lining within adversity
- Learn how to persevere and Stretch Yourself beyond your paralyzed state
- Examine why your Willingness to Fail, but Your Unwillingness to Quit is a leadership trait
- Discover adapting strategies to help you Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Understand what it really means to Go with What Scares You
- Cultivate ways to unlock your Grit by finding that Blessman in your life
This caricature drawing was performed LIVE during Scott’s inspirational keynote presentation at Radio Flyer’s annual sales conference.
Scott with CEO Robert Pasin
Thank you Scott for sharing your inspirational story with all of us and just continuing to DO LIFE to the fullest! I said those three magical words Vision-Mindser-Grit over and over and over and over in my mind day after day…and DID the GRIT till the Vision was Met! Thank You! Sue Lopez, HR Director