“Scott quickly connected with our employees and their spouses and shared his personal story in a way that made us all rethink our choices, attitudes and how we should approach safety in the workforce!” – Leon Zupan, VP Operations, Enbridge Pipelines, Inc.
Are you searching for a Safety Motivational Speaker who can INFLUENCE your employees to make better Workplace Safety Decisions? Look no further.
Scott Burrows was a star athlete and fierce competitor. By the age of 19, he played college football at Florida State University and was a top-ranked kick-boxing champion whose last fight was broadcast on ESPN. However, on November 3, 1984, he made a split-second decision that led to a tragic accident, changing his life forever. Bypassing his usual safety precautions, Scott decided to forgo wearing his seatbelt as a passenger in his friend’s car as they drove just one mile down the road to look for firewood for their bonfire.
That night, his friend accidentally lost control of the wheel, ran off the road and crashed into a mound of sand that sent the car hurtling through the air before tumbling back to earth, end over end, causing severe physical injuries. Scott broke Cervical 6 and 7 vertebrae in his neck and suffered a life-threatening spinal cord injury that left him paralyzed from the chest down and diagnosed a quadriplegic.
Success Strategies to Help You Stand Up to Workplace Safety
- Learn how to create a clear Vision that entices your employees to put Safety Protocols into take action
- Examine the benefits of Dreaming in Full Color and setting goals that stretch the mind
- Discover the impact of connecting your organization to a shared Safety Vision
- Find out how adapting your Vision when things don’t go as planned can give you that Competitive Advantage
- Learn how Breaking the Fall Line can help you create an unstoppable Safety Mindset
- Examine the Safety Mindset of Letting It Happen, Embracing Change and Breaking the Fall Line
- Discover how not to let your Mindset Become Your Biggest Handicap, which can drive employee productivity
- Understand how forgiveness, a leadership trait, can restore hope and lead to greater productivity
- Find out how Asking the “What” Questions can get you thinking differently and help prevent accidents in the workplace
- Learn how personal accountability can keep you and others Safe
- Examine why your Willingness to Fail But Your Unwillingness to Quit is a leadership Safety trait that can keep you focused while keeping safety always on your mind
- Discover adaptation strategies to help your employees make that commitment to Stand Up to Any Workplace Challenge
- Understand what it really means to Go with What Scares You
- Cultivate ways to unlock your Grit that can improve safety performance
- Understand the true meaning of being that Blessman in someone’s life who is always watching over the workplace surroundings
Scott’s clients have used these alternate titles for his Presentation:
- Rising to the Challenge
- Anything Is Possible
- Triumph Over Adversity
- Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Thriving Through Changing Times
- How to Develop an Unstoppable Mindset
- Overcoming Adversity
- Don’t Stop Believing
Client Testimonial Letters