Get Ready to Experience a Powerful, Emotional and Life-Changing Presentation!
Whether your organization is working through change management initiatives for improved company performance, uncomfortable adjustments to existing leadership structure, company merges, or technology and internal upgrades, one thing is certain: it will be up to the individual team members to capture the company VISION, maintain the right MINDSET to work through the new transitions, and apply the daily GRIT needed to put those goals into action.
In today’s rapidly evolving marketplace many organizations are trying to maintain a winning culture as they deal with an array of business challenges requiring change. Perhaps you’re experiencing changes within your industry, have limited bench support, operational and support issues and budget cuts, or are experiencing cultural change, increased demands in the arena of goals, objectives and responsibilities. Whatever your challenges are, the true measure of success is how well you respond to adversity, change, setbacks and fear. Whatever belief system you employ must be powerful enough to conquer these obstacles and any other impediments to your personal and professional growth, or you—and your organization—will be left behind.
– Craig Anderson, Sr. Vice President, CHASE
Leading Organizations Through Change
As audiences worldwide have discovered, Scott Burrows’ compelling story is the hero’s journey, providing what will be an unforgettable and lasting memory to inspire your audience to stand up to change. Using his physical paralysis as a visual metaphor, Scott reveals how to drive results using the same mental focus that helped him reinvent his life after a catastrophic accident left him paralyzed from the chest down. He will demonstrate there are no barriers or stop signs in life, just detours and workarounds, and he will provide your team members with the blueprint for success.
Through the power of storytelling, Scott will show your attendees firsthand how to apply the same timeless principles of Vision-Mindset-Grit that have had a profound impact in his life. Three simple yet powerful words that, when put into action, can absolutely help you conquer adversity and master change, setting the stage for developing cutting-edge ideas and leadership strategies that will benefit your entire organization.
About Scott Burrows
Scott was a star athlete and fierce competitor. By the age of 19, he played college football at Florida State University and was a top-ranked kick-boxing champion whose last victorious fight was broadcast on ESPN. That same night while celebrating with friends, he made a split-second decision that led to a catastrophic accident, changing his life forever. Bypassing his usual safety precautions, Scott decided to forgo wearing his seatbelt as a passenger in a friend’s car as they drove just one mile down the road to scavenge firewood for their bonfire. His friend accidentally lost control of the wheel, ran off the road and crashed into a mound of sand that sent the car hurtling through the air before tumbling back to earth, end over end. Scott broke two vertebrae in his neck and suffered a life-threatening spinal cord injury that left him paralyzed from the chest down and diagnosed a quadriplegic.
With nothing but a dire prognosis on his ability to recover, Scott undertook the challenge of overcoming his mind and emotions in order to maintain a VISION and MINDSET so powerful, he was able to discipline his body with the daily GRIT needed to overcome his present circumstances and move into a future he was told by his doctor was not even possible!
What came innately to Scott at such a young age has now been revealed through neuroscience to be exactly what is needed to rewire the brain and body for significant change. Scott will teach your team members how to override their nervous system response and resistance to change, maintain a safety mindset of awareness and daily focus, and how to apply the daily grit needed to move into success.
- Learn how to create a clear Vision that entices your team to Take Action
- Discover the impact of connecting your organization to a Shared Vision
- Find out how adapting your Vision when things don’t go as planned can give you that Competitive Advantage
- Examine the benefits of Dreaming in Full Color
- Learn how to create an unstoppable Mindset that revolves around Poise and Execution
- Examine the Mindset of Letting It Happen, Embracing Change and Breaking the Fall Line
- Discover how to not let your Mindset Become Your Biggest Handicap
- Understand how the Power of Forgiveness, a leadership trait, can restore hope and lead to greater productivity
- Find out how Asking the “What” Questions can help you navigate the chaos of adversity
- Learn what it takes to Stretch Yourself beyond your paralyzed state
- Examine why your Willingness to Fail But Your Unwillingness to Quit is a leadership trait
- Discover Gritty strategies to help you Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Understand what it really means to Go with What Scares You and Never Give Up
- Cultivate ways to Unlock Your Grit by finding that Blessman in your life
Scott’s clients have used these alternate titles:
- Thriving Through Changing Times
- Rise to the Challenge
- Triumph Over Change
- Stand Up to Any Challenge
- Rising and Thriving
- Transforming Limitations into Opportunities
Client Testimonial Letters
What Scott's Clients Are Saying!
“The Advisors left feeling upbeat, motivated and confident that they could overcome their own challenges and the changes they are experiencing in the industry in order to grow their business.”
“Your presentation was heartfelt, motivational and inspirational; our customers walked away with a little different perspective regarding their business challenges and the change they are experiencing in the food industry. We could not have asked anything more of your keynote!! You are a true pro!!”
“Not only was Scott’s presentation heartwarming, inspiring and motivational, but a learning experience as well. If you ‘get fully into the moment’ of whatever experiences you may be facing, you can change the way you view that situation. You can see it as a chance to learn from the situation.”